ELASTIC WAVE-EQUATION BASED SEISMIC MODELLING AND INVERSION FOR EVERYONE
RELEASE NOTES 2.0.8
Version 2.0.8 of the HELIOS software provides a valuable mix of new features, algorithmic changes and stability improvements.
The addition of a 2D data viewer now allows a quick analysis of the input data and inversion results without having to export and import volumes into a third party visualisation software. The new multi-location modelling module gives users the functionality to create linear and elastic 1.5D synthetics for an arbitrary number of locations on a 2D or 3D subsurface model. We then can replace a part of the subsurface model with a non-scattering low-frequency model while the potential impact of the shallow on deeper targets can thereby be simulated and analysed in a laterally varying environment rather than at a single location.
While wave-equation based synthetic modelling is intrinsically performed in the ray–parameter domain, we have added the option to directly convert the ray–parameter gathers to offset or angle gathers. This provides a familiar domain for our users to undertake analysis of the elastic wave-propagation effects.
A major highlight of the latest release is the efficient memory implementation in our proprietary WEB modelling engine. This is a core aspect of the algorithm used throughout HELIOS and impacts synthetics, IMI displays and inversion. The memory requirements have been reduced by up to 95% and the algorithm runs over 20% faster. This continues the journey to make HELIOS even more accessible and gives our users scope to consider longer time and depth intervals without restrictions.
- Multi-location synthetic modelling
- Data viewer update to 2D Data Viewer
- Horizon and well marker displays
- Conversion of ray-parameter synthetics to offset or angle gathers
- Extension of domain conversions (offset, angle, ray-parameter)
- Option to use RMS velocities as input to domain conversion
- Multi-file SEGY import
- Multi-file LAS import
- Option to display vertical depth axis in feet or meters
- Reflectivity plot added to synthetic modelling module
- Option to interactively change difference plot in synthetic modelling
- Wavelets sampling has been enhanced to allow 3ms sampling
- Statistical wavelet extraction over target interval
- Efficient memory implementation of WEB modelling engine
- Resolved a problem when using a 2ms sampled wavelet
- Enhanced the user interface
- Improved the robustness of time-depth import functionality
- Resolved a problem that occurred when using inverse distance wavelet interpolation