WE ARE HIRING
Delft Inversion is a distinguished provider of geophysical technology, with a heritage that traces back to our founding in 2012 as a spin-off from the renowned Delft University in the Netherlands. Our journey began as a dedicated service organization, and in 2019, we broadened our scope by introducing a sophisticated software solution to our offering. We serve a broad array of clients within the energy sector, encompassing Oil & Gas, Geothermal, Carbon Capture and Underground Storage, as well as Offshore Wind operations.
As we navigate through an exciting scale-up phase, Delft Inversion is actively seeking to expand our team. This expansion is particularly focused on enhancing the capabilities and reach of our software branch to meet the evolving demands of our industry. We invite professionals who are keen to contribute to the advancement of subsurface characterization technology to join us during this dynamic growth period.
Junior Software Developer
At Delft Inversion, we are seeking a motivated and technically skilled individual to join our team as a Junior Software Developer. In this role, you will contribute to the development and optimization of our advanced geophysical software solutions, which play a pivotal role in subsurface characterization for the energy sector.
In your role you will participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging. You will collaborate with an international team of developers and geophysicists to design, code, and maintain efficient and reliable geophysical software.
- Education in Engineering, Geophysics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- Programming skills (Python, including NumPy and Matplotlib)
- Strong interest in developing scientific software applications
- Up to several years of experience in software development
- Proven ability to write clean and maintainable code
- Good communication skills and professional fluency in English (oral and written)
- Professional work attitude and high-quality oriented coding mentality
- Ability and willingness to integrate into a diverse and international team
- Knowledge and experience in C/C++ and Qt (PyQt, PySide)
- Any additional IT skills (e.g. Deployment, Cloud, Infrastructure)
Remotely with potential re-location to one of our European offices in:
- The Netherlands (Delft)
- Germany (Trier)
- or Greece (Thessaloniki)
(still subject to company strategy)
1 year contract with possibility of extension