QI Geophysicist (Geothermal)
Location: Delft (The Hague/Rotterdam area), The Netherlands
Position: (Quantitative Interpretation) Geophysicist with Geothermal focus
Start date: Immediate
Delft Inversion is a young E&P service company, specialised in seismic reservoir characterisation. Being founded in 2013, the added value of its proprietary wave-equation based AVO technology has been demonstrated in several case studies around the globe. We are currently looking for a geophysicist to become part of our operations team, to perform and contribute to reservoir characterisation studies, with a focus on the geothermal application.
At Delft Inversion, every employee contributes directly to the overall company performance. We are currently going through an important phase of growth, by building new business cases in several oil & gas and geothermal regions. Although we already have a unique technology portfolio, further developments are still underway and new products will hit the market in the coming two years.
The Delft Inversion team is very diverse from technical and cultural background which is translated to the work atmosphere. The clients we work for are located throughout the world and as such we have a wide geographical reach. Besides our global activities in oil and gas, we are also contributing to geothermal developments in The Netherlands, emphasizing our local presence. The variety and diversity of projects we work on, stimulates continuous technical development of our people.
Delft Inversion strives to become a significant player in the market. Not just by selling more projects, but by providing sound solutions to new and existing customers, contributing to their success. We believe strongly in our technology and aim for many customers to benefit from it.
Delft Inversion has a diversified portfolio, reaching both oil & gas as well as the geothermal market. With new project work confirmed, Delft Inversion is looking to expand the team with a geophysicist that will work on reservoir characterization for not only, but mainly geothermal projects. The geothermal business model is different, also demanding a different approach to reservoir characterization. This means that the geophysicist also will be involved in defining and optimizing the workflow for geothermal applications.
Within the confirmed work, there is the activity of further developing the current workflow utilizing machine learning. This implies that the geophysicist will actively participate in research activities as well as applying the concepts to geothermal datasets.
The Geophysicist will become part of the operations team, reporting to the QI geophysics team lead. He/she is expected to keep standards high, own projects on track and stay focused on objectives, ensuring quality of our products and services while creating value for our clients.
- Performing reservoir characterisation studies, with a focus on geothermal
- Optimizing the technology workflow for the geothermal application
- Contribute to the development of using machine learning in the workflow.
- Communicate with local geothermal players
- Execute projects in-time and according to our quality standards
- Focus on quality in our processes, products and services and identify areas for improvement
- Contribute to enhancements of the software package including workflows and technical documentation.
- M.Sc. degree or higher in geoscience or related field
- Up to 5 years working experience
- Preferably experienced in, but as a minimum good understanding of, seismic reservoir characterisation and quantitative interpretation;
- seismic AVO inversion workflows;
- rock-physics modelling and analysis.
- Programming skills (Python)
- Experience with field data
- Strong communication skills and professional fluency in Dutch and English
- Professional work attitude and service delivery mentality
- Solutions focused and willing to take the extra step when required
- Not afraid to question existing opinions in a rather conservative market
- Capable and willing to work within a small team environment
- Experience in software package DUG Insight
Employment contract: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Closing date for applications: 24 December 2019
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an up-to-date CV, a letter of motivation and your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact Panos Doulgeris at +31 6 81877904.
Please be aware that incomplete submissions will not be considered!